Step 1: Read Campus Portal Acceptable Use and Safety Policy
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
Glencoe-Silver Lake Public Schools ISD #2859 uses Campus SIS (Student Information System) to track students. Campus SIS has developed 'Campus Portal', a parent/student tool to allow parents or students to view school records via the internet. Glencoe-Silver Lake Publci Schools will provide currently enrolled students or the parents of currently enrolled students the privilege of access to the Campus Portal.
District #2859 reserves the right to deny access to the Campus Portal due to court orders or any other legal proceedings that limit availability of private educational data.
Glencoe-Silver Lake Public Schools has opened the Campus Portal to enhance communication between Glencoe-Silver Lake Public Schools and parents/students. Users of the Campus Portal will have access to the following information about their child(ren):
- Person Data
- Class Assignments and Grades
- Class Schedules
- Health Immunizations
- Assessment (Test Scores)
- Reports including Schedules, Report Cards and Unofficial Transcripts
Glencoe-Silver Lake Public Schools reserve the right to add or remove any of the above functions from the Campus Portal at any time
USE OF THE CAMPUS PORTAL
Access to the campus Portal on the school district computer system is a privilege, not a right. Users of the Campus Portal are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- User will act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner.
- User will not attempt to harm or destroy data of another user, the school or the district network.
- User will not attempt to access data or any account owned by another user.
- User will not use the Campus Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to Civil and/or Criminal prosecution.
- Users who identify a security problem with the Campus Portal must notify Glencoe-Silver Lake Public Schools District Office immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- User will not share their password with anyone.
- User will not set their computer to automatically login to the Campus Portal
- Users identified as a security risk to the Campus Portal or any other ISD #2859 computers or computer network will be denied access to the Campus Portal.
CONCERNS ABOUT CAMPUS PORTAL DATA
Technical issues should be directed to the Portal Help Desk at: JJenson@gsl.k12.mn.usData issues should be addressed in the following order:
- Discuss the issue with the student.
- Discuss the issue with the teacher via e-mail or personally. A staff directory can be found on the district website atwww.gsl.k12.mn.us
- Discuss the issue with the Administrator in your child's building